RESEARCH INTERESTS: Pattern Recognition; Machine Learning; Computer Vision; Multimedia Computing
RELATED KEYWORDS: Deep Learning; Conformal Prediction; Active Learning; Manifold Learning; Human Behavior Understanding
- (May 2017): We are sorry we are unable to take any interns at this point. Our next internship intake will commence in Feb 2018 for Summer 2018. Please track this link for more details. I am sorry if I am unable to respond to individual emails seeking internships.
- (Sticky!): We are always looking for motivated PhD students with interest in machine learning/deep learning/computer vision. If you meet the eligibility requirements mentioned at this link, kindly send me an email with subject line "2017 PhD admission" to discuss more.
- (Jul 2017): Our work on using deep recurrent attentive architectures for generating videos from captions is accepted at ACM MM 2017 as an Oral Paper (acceptance rate: 7.5%) and at ICCV 2017. Congratulations to Tanya and Gaurav!
- (Jun 2017): Our work on using deep learning for detecting road intersections from monocular cameras is accepted at IROS 2017. Congratulations to the students - Danish, Dhaivat and Arghya. This is collaborative work with Prof Madhava Krishna at IIIT-H.
- (May 2017): Anirban and Vishwak selected to intern at the University of Tokyo under the Sakura Science Plan. Congratulations to both of them!
- (May 2017): Senior-year undergrad students from our group have received admits into CMU, Columbia, Georgia Tech, University of Montreal, Wisconsin-Madison and University of Massachusetts, Amherst for their Masters. Congratulations to Tanya, Akshita, Sahil, Hrishikesh, Teja and Sreekar!
- (Apr 2017): Arghya selected to attend the International Computer Vision Summer School at Sicily in July. Congratulations Arghya!
- (Feb 2017): Arasu selected for the prestigious S N Bose Fellowship, and Sneha selected for the Viterbi Fellowship. Congratulations!
- (Oct 2016): Arghya awarded the Intel PhD fellowship. Congratulations Arghya!
- (Oct 2016): As part of our collaborative efforts on e-learning, CDAC is organizing a workshop on e-Learning and Multimodal Learning Analytics. Please participate if this interests you.
- (Oct 2016): Our undergraduate students’ (Sahil, Akilesh, Tanya) research was accepted and presented at IWML 2016 and IBM I-CARE 2016. Congratulations to all of them.
- (Jun 2016): We are organizing a workshop on Assistive Vision at ACCV 2016. Please consider submitting your work.
- (Jun 2016): We are conducting a TEQIP workshop on Deep Learning for Visual Computing at IIT-Hyderabad between Jun 20-25, and a Summer School on Deep Learning for Computer Vision at IIIT-H between Jul 11-15. Please apply if you are interested!
- (Jan 2016): We have two papers accepted to IEEE WACV 2016 (34% acceptance rate). Congratulations to Aditya, Aradhya and Digvijay.
- (Dec 2015): We organized an Indo-UK workshop on "Conformal Prediction for Reliable Machine Learning", funded by the EPSRC-DST Indo-UK Initiative on Applied Mathematics. Please see this link for more details.
- (Oct 2015): Adepu Ravi Sankar awarded the Intel PhD fellowship. Congratulations Ravi!